Hello! My name is Yousra and I am a 20-something year old living in Toronto, Canada, where the winters are too long and the mayor smokes crack. To combat my negative environment, I find joy in beauty, makeup and skincare.
Swatching Oddity is my small space on the interwebs where I share my beauty ramblings and makeup obsessions — and the odd lifestyle post, here and there. I also have a special interest in makeup and skincare for South Asian women, because I know that sometimes it can be frustrating to find makeup bits that suit a tan complexion — and I want to help! Follow me along my beauty blogging journey and slightly unhealthy obsession…
Those vital, superficial details that you may want to know.
Where I’m from: Canadian-born, Pakistani descent.
Eye colour: Dark brown
Foundation colour: MAC NC35 (Studio Sculpt), NARS Sheer Glow Stromboli, L’oreal True Match Lumi W4 Natural Beige, Makeup Forever HD Foundation 127 Dark Sand
Skin type: Combination (more oily in the summer, dry in the winter — like Hannah Montana, I get the best of both worlds). :p
Some random facts about me.
- I have a slight obsession with nail polish.
- I am sarcastic to the point where I come off as rude (apologies in advance).
- Words spelt incorrectly make me cringe.
- Bad grammar makes me want to bust out my red pen.
- I like food. A lot. Especially cupcakes. And hakka cuisine.
- I have a slight obsession with DAVIDStea.
- I hate green tea.
- But I like you.
The Fine Print
- My opinions and posts are 100% my own
- If an item was not purchased by me, I will always specify it in the post
- Some posts may contain affiliate links. I earn a very small commission on these items if you click on the link or purchase the product after clicking on a link (the commission is literally pennies). I use affiliate links because I’d like to make it easier for my readers to learn more about the products that I talk about. Clicking on them is entirely up to you. :)